No one likes cold, left overnight pasta. And it’s not often that our household have leftover pasta. But for those rare days when there are, you could try turning it into a savoury cake with frittata di spaghetti.
I love eating this as it’s so hearty and tasty. But best of all, it’s really easy to make :
- Make your favourite pasta – best if long type of pasta is used, like spaghetti. Personally I prefer tomato based pasta, but it works for other types too.
- Lightly fry it in the pan with a bit of olive oil until slightly crunchy.
- Beat some eggs with some (or a lot of) parmigiano cheese and some salt and pepper then pour it over the pasta. There should be enough egg to cover it.
- When the bottom is cooked, put a large plate on the cover and flip the egg on it. Then slide it back on the pan so that the other side gets cooked.
- Let it cool down before slicing and serving it.
You could also bake it in the oven, which is my personal preference as I prefer my frittata a little more fluffier and denser (like in the picture above). Also, for the days when you’re cooking for about 10 people, this method is much easier. It was really tough for me to try to flip a mix of pasta and 12 eggs in the pan!
And this was what happened :
It was still very tasty. Not very pretty, but a delicious mistake anyway 🙂